Summer is A Time of Spending
Family vacations, summer camps, higher food bills, updating wardrobes and high electric bills can do some damage on your account but it doesn’t have to!
The beautiful weather puts all of us Minnesotans in a great mood and it’s when we want all of those fun outdoor toys. We wanted to create a blog post dedicated to suggesting money saving tips for the summer season. Because we are community focused business, and we want the best for everyone that banks with us and to be able to keep more but still get just as much. It’s hard for families to keep everyone happy but still stay within budget.
- Cook outside. Using the stove or baking in the oven can create a lot of excess heat that has nowhere to go except in your house.
- Dry your laundry outside if able.
- Replace air conditioner filters or better yet, turn it off, especially if you aren’t home.
- Avoid using your car when possible, you’ll save gas and burn some calories in the process.
- Take the kids out to a national park and enjoy the nature with a picnic, way cheaper than seeing a movie!
- If on vacation, always check if kids eat and stay for free, as many brand name hotels are in on the great deal.
- Check out what’s going on for free in your city, there is sure to be free concerts, parades or festivals.
- If visiting theme parks is on your horizon, search the Internet for online coupons or deals before committing, there is bound to be promotions online. Also, look for bundle packages if available!
Something that is really important is to plan your spending ahead of time! Decide what is a priority as far as what you and your family wants to do in the summer. Feel free to contact us if you need some help budgeting.
How we are an active part of our communities: http://www.mn-bank.com/community
Posted on Wed, June 26, 2013
by Luke Riordan filed under