Minnesota National Bank’s history dates back to November of 1902 when we were known as the Merchant’s National Bank of Sauk Centre. The Merchant’s National Bank became affiliated with First Bank Stock Corporation, (then known as First Bank System Inc.,) on December 14, 1929. The name of the bank was changed to "First National Bank" on August 8, 1950. In 1987, the bank was sold to a group of local owners. First National Bank then became an independent bank and once again began using the name of First National Bank of Sauk Centre.
On March 24, 2008, we merged with Lake Country State Bank and were renamed Minnesota National Bank, retaining the tradition of being a community bank with expanded offices in Sauk Centre, Long Prairie and Pelican Rapids, Minnesota.